Dahi Methi Murg (Chicken Curry in Dried Fenugreek Leaves and Yogurt Sauce) – Step by Step Recipe
Serving for – 2-3
Chicken – 500 gm (Cut into medium sized pieces and wash into warm water.)
Yogurt – 1 cup
Capsicum -1 small cut in cube
Kasoori methi / Dried fenugreek leaves – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
To make paste
Onion – 2 (Sliced)
Green chilies – 6
Cloves of garlic – 4
Ginger – 1.5 inch piece
Add all above ingredients in a blender and make a smooth paste by adding 1/2 cup of water.
Spices to dry roast and grind
Coriander seeds – 3 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Green cardamom – 4
Cloves – 2
Black peppercorns – 10-12
Bay leaf – 1
Dry roast all above spices on low heat till nice aroma starts to come out and grind them to a coarse powder.
1. Take chicken in a mixing bowl. Add yogurt, ground spice powder and 1 tbsp of kasoori methi. Mix well and cover it. Keep it in a refrigerator and let it marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add green paste (onion paste) and salt to taste. Cook till all moisture evaporates. Keep stirring in between.
3. Add marinated chicken and capsicum 1 small cut in cube sized and 4-5 whole green chillies and 2 cups of water. Mix well and cover the pan. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
4. Take remaining kasoori methi on your palm and crush it. Add into curry and reduce the heat. Allow curry to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
Serve hot with any Indian flat bread or plain rice.
Latest posts by Lipika Debnath (see all)
- Dahi Methi Murg (Chicken Curry in Dried Fenugreek Leaves and Yogurt Sauce) - July 11, 2017
- VAPA DIMER KOFTA CURRY/EGG KOFTA CURRY - June 12, 2017
- Dahi Potol/ Parwal- TM food Corner by Lipika - May 15, 2017