Since its unveiling on July 11, the Nokia Lumia 1020 has created quite a stir with its 41 MP camera. Touted as the best camera phone in the market, Lumia 1020 smartphone features a technology called Dual Capture, which takes two shots at the same time, one at 38MP resolution and the other at 5MP. The former is meant for photo editing, while the latter is ideal for social media uploads, said Nokia. The 41MP Zeiss camera has six lenses and features Nokia’s PureView imaging technology, along with two types flash – one LED and the other Xenon. Other hardware specs of the Lumia 1020 include 4.5-inch PureMotion HD+ Amoled display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 2GB RAM, 2,000mAh battery and 32GB internal storage.
It has widely been regarded as a last-ditch effort by the struggling giant to catch up with its rivals. The Apple and Android platform mobiles cover almost 90% of the market in the smartphone category.
The smartphone will arrive in US on July 26 on AT&T, priced at $299. After the US launch, Lumia 1020 will be headed to China and key European markets. Although there is no confirmation on the launch date for India, it is expected to be available around September-October, 2013.
- Display size: 11.43 cm
- Display technology: ClearBlack, AMOLED
- Touch screen technology: Super-sensitive touch
- Main camera sensor: 41 MP, PureView
- Flash type: Xenon flash
- Talk time (2G): 19.1 h
- Talk time (3G): 13.3 h
- Music playback time: 63 h
- Wireless charging: Yes, with accessory cover
- Processor name: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4
- Processor type: Dual-core 1.5 GHz
Expected Availability: September-October,2013
Estimated Price: Rs. 51,450
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
- Display: 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display
- Chip: 1.7GHz dual-core processor
- Memory: 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB internal storage, can be expanded by up to 64GB via microSD card
- Camera: 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, 1.9-megapixel HD front-facing camera
- Battery: 1900mAh battery
- OS: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (GSM+GSM)
Launch Date : July 9, 2013
Price: Rs. 27,900
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
Samsung spiced up the camera war in the smartphone market with the launch of Samsung S4 Zoom.It comes with a 8GB built in memory storage but with the micro SD card slot, you can boost it up to 64GB if you’re game for some heavy photography!
Carrying it around in your pocket can be bit of a problem, as the camera lens on the back makes it pretty bulky, coming in at 125.5 x 63.5 x 15.4mm. If you can put aside the fact that the Galaxy S4 Zoom doesn’t resemble much like a phone it’s a reasonably good looking device. The back of the phone is mostly glossy white plastic, with a large metallic 16 megapixel camera lens at one side featuring 10x optical zoom and optical image stabilisation. It can also shoot 1080p video at 30fps.
At 208g, the Samsung S4 Zoom is fairly heavier than even the monstrous Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which comes in at 183g. Moreover, the image quality isn’t that good and pales in comparison with decent compact cameras. So for the time being, it’s better to carry a camera along with your smartphone till that magical device packed with best of both worlds arrives!
- Display: 4.3” qHD sAMOLED
- Memory: 1.5GB(RAM)+ 8GB(eMMC) MicroSD up to 64GB
- Camera: 16MP BSI CMOS w/ Flash
- Wireless Connectivity: BT 4.0, WiFi a/b/g/n 2.4G/5GHz, NFC
- Dimension, Weight: 63.3×125.3×15.25mm (TBD)
- Battery capacity 2330mAh
- OS / Upgrade Android JB MR1 (v4.2)
- Audio MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WAV, AMR-NB, MIDI, OGG, IMY, XMF, WMA
- Video MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VP6/8, WMV9 Recording/Playback: [email protected] Memory Bearer
Launch Date : July 9, 2013
Price: Rs. 29,900