This is the end of 2018 and Yogi himself has brought to you 11 of those places from his travel bucket that you must travel in your lifetime and experience.
- Satopanth-Swargarohini – It’s a trek starting from Badrinath in Uttarakhand to the sacred pond named “Satopanth” and then a glacier of Swargarohini. Satopanth is a pond which is considered very sacred. The epics say that our 3 Gods: Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh ( Lord Shiva) had taken bath in this pond on a very auspicious day of Ekadashi. The Swargarohini, just shy more than 3 km trek from Satopanth finds a small mountainous terrain called Meru Mountain which was believed to be the gateway to Heaven for Pandava’s as per the great Epic of Mahabharatha but only Yudhishthir could enter through Heaven Gate. So Satopanth-Swargarohini trek is a must-have trek for you
incaseyou want to start your trekking career or passion.
- Nandikund –Vinayak Pass Trek – Yes! It’s a trek too which is about 110 m long in which one needs to go to gateway lake of Nandikund in High Himalayas, and then cross a 5300 meter high Vinayak pass which connects Madhyamaheshwar Valley to Urgam Valley in Uttarakhand. This trek starts from Ransi Village ( Rudraprayag –UK) and ends at Kalpeshwar Mahadev near Joshimath. In this list I have included these two treks as it connects our soul to the epics and holy books we have been listening since our childhood.
- Parliament like structure in Morena (MP) – If you are searching for some tourist places in India, you will never find this place on the map but it’s a truly hidden gem of History. Here a group of 180 plus temples and Chansath Yogini Mandir make this place amazing and a must visit one. Pandava’s legendary stories according to these temples were discovered by ASI. Chaunsath ( Sixty Four ) Yogini Mandir is like our Parliament house. It’s a riddle, Parliament structure is taken from it. Experience this rarely visited places in India.
- Prem Mandir – Vrindavan: You all know about Mathura, it’s the birthplace of Lord Krishna but Vrindavan, a nearby town of Mathura, just 10 Km away, is more beautiful than Mathura. Here in Vrindavan, you can visit lots of temples dedicated to Lord Krishna including Banke Bihari and Prem Mandir. The presence of Lord Krishna can be felt here as the place hoots with the name of Lord Krishna.
- Haldighati – Udaipur: Udaipur in Rajasthan is known for its city palace. Recently it was in news for Ambani’s daughter wedding ceremony but the other places in Udaipur are also very beautiful like Moti Magri, Fateh Sagar Lake and another major attraction of this place is Haldighati which is at about 40 Km from Udaipur and is famous for Maharana
Pratap ,the great warrior of Mewad .
- Jaisalmer –Rajasthan: If you are planning a family trip in winter ever, think about Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer is a big city near Pakistan Border. Here you can enjoy Camel or Jeep riding in the great desert of Thar besides Golden fort and some other attractions like haunted village Kuldhara. There is an addition of JWM in August 2015. JWM –Jaisalmer War Museum, here you can see Tanks and other army weapons captured by the Indian Army from Pakistan Army in the previous Wars.
- Adi Kailash –Om Parvat Trek: I think you all are aware of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. People go to Tibet for Kailash Darshan but those who can’t go to Pandava’s Gateway to Heaven, they go to Adi Kailash to offer their prayers and to see Kailash. Adi Kailash is a replica of Kailash and it is in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Om Parvat is also at the gateway on the route of Kailash –
- Chittorgarh –Rajsthan: Chittorgarh is known for its biggest Fort in India and for Vijaya Kailash. Chittorgarh Fort is considered as the biggest fort of India and the Padmini palace is also here. Padmini, queen of Chittorgarh Gate was in news recently after a film has been made in which actor Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone played these characters. A must visit place throuhout most of the year.
- Dharmshala–Mcleodganj: Are you searching for a hill station where you can see snow on the peaks? Then Dharmshala would be perfect for your vacations. Mcleodganj is famous for Dalai Lama Mandir also where you can see several monks chanting mantras.
- Amritsar –Punjab: Amritsar, a very sacred place and the city of Golden Temple
attractsmany tourists and travelers every day. Any tourist who is visiting Amritsar not only visit Golden temple and Jaliawala Bagh or Durgyana Temple but also likes to see the parade at Wagha Border in the evening. The Wagah Border Parade wilgive you Goos-bumps if you are an Indian.
- Bodhgaya –Bihar: Bodh Gaya is a religious site and place of pilgrimage associated with the Mahabodhi Temple Complex in Gaya district of Bihar. It is famous as it is the place where Gautama Buddha is said to have obtained Enlightenment (Pali: bodhi) under which it was came known as the Bodhi Tree. In Bodh
Gayayou can visit Giant Buddha, Thai temple with other Buddhist temples. In Gaya, you may also visit one of the very sacred places known as Vishnupad Mandir.