Cuisine: Bengali Origin
Course: Lunch or Family Brunch
Diet: High Protein diet, Category: Non-Vegetarian
Prep in 15 M
Cooks in 30 M
Total in 45 M
Makes: 4 Servings
4 Pabda(Omlock) fish
250 grams Poppy seeds
1 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
4 Green Chillies, slit
1 Onion chopped finely
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup Mustard oil
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
Salt, to taste
Coriander leaf for garnish
Directions for Posto Pabda (Bengali Fish Curry In Poppy Seeds Paste)
- To prepare a perfect and delicious Posto Pabda Recipe, soak khus khus overnight or for minimum 3-4 hours in water for uniformity. Make yourself ready with all the other needed ingredients as well.
2. Drain out the unnecessary water and collect the khus khus in a Mixer grinder container and grind to make a fine thick paste. Keep this aside while you prepare the other items.
3. Clean the fishes well with water, make sure to clean up any fish scales if any left. Drain all the water slowly and coat the fishes with turmeric powder uniformly and keep those aside. The fish has to be cooked whole, so no need to do make pieces.
4. Heat half cup of mustard oil in a Wok or Kadai, now add the coated fishes gently and fry slowly till it turns golden in color.
If the oil reduces, you can add more from sides slowly but a little amount.
5. When the fishes turns golden in color, remove carefully and steadily from the wok and keep those aside again.
6. In another flat non-sticky pan add oil, add onion seed, ginger freshly prepared garlic paste, add freshly chopped onion add some salt to taste and fry it until it oil vanishes from it then add the prepared khus khus paste in the wok and stir the mixture gently.
7. You may add some water from the sides if the paste seems too thick. Season the curry with salt, any herbs and add green chillies as well.
8. Allow the curry to boil with bubbles bursting out, and then cook for 9-10 minutes on a seemingly low flame and keep the lid closed. Do not stir too much at this stage.
9. Turn off the gas supply and pour in a tablespoon of raw mustard oil on top of Posto Pabda Curry Recipe for a royal flavor and sprinkle some nice chopped coriander leaf and serve hot with plain steamed rice or jeera Rice.