Diet: High Protein Non-Vegetarian
Prep in 15 M
Cooks in 30 M
Total in 45 M
Makes: 4 Servings
4 Pabda(Omlock) fish
250 grams Poppy seeds
1 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
4 Green Chillies, slit
1 Onion chopped finely
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup Mustard oil
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
Salt, to taste
Coriander leaf for garnish
Directions for Posto Pabda (Bengali Fish Curry In Poppy Seeds Paste)
- To prepare Posto Pabda Recipe, soak khus khus overnight or for minimum 2-3 hours in water. Prepare with all the other ingredients as well.
2. Drain the water and collect the khus khus in a Mixer jar and grind to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
3. Clean and wash the fishes well. Drain water nicely and coat the fishes with turmeric powder and keep aside. The fish is cooked whole, hence do not make pieces.
4. Heat 1/2 cup of mustard oil in a Wok/Kadai, now add the fishes gently and fry till golden in color.
If the oil reduces, you can add more from sides.
5. When the fishes are golden in color, remove carefully from wok and keep aside.
6. In another pan add oil add onion seed, ginger garlic paste add onion add some salt and fry it until it removes oil from it then add the khus khus paste in the wok and gently stir in.
7. You may add a little water from the sides if the paste is too thick. Season the curry with salt and add green chillies as well.
8. Allow the curry to come to boil, and then cook for 7-8 minutes on a low flame and lid closed. Do not stir much at this stage.
9. Turn off the gas and pour in a tablespoon of raw mustard oil on top of Posto Pabda Curry Recipe for a rustic flavor and sprinkle some coriander leaf and serve hot with plain steamed rice.