Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 Servings
10 baby corn, chopped
½ cup maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp rice flour for more crunchy(optional)
½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
salt to taste
½ cup water, add as required
oil for deep frying
2 tsp oil
½ onion, finely chopped
2 onion cut in cube
1/2 red bell paper cut in cube
1/2 capsicum cut in cube
1 spring onion, chopped
11 inch ginger, finely chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tsp soy sauce / soya sauce
2 tsp vinegar
salt to taste
½ cup tomato sauce or 2 raw tomatoes chopped
½ tsp pepper, crushed
How to make baby corn manchurian with step by step photo recipe:
Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take maida and corn flour and rice flour.
2. also add ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder and salt.
3. Now slowly add water as required and make a smooth flowing consistency batter.
4. Furthermore, add chopped baby corn and coat well with batter. Then deep fry into hot oil till they turn golden brown. Finally, drain the fried baby corn on a kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
Then in a large kadai add 2 tsp oil.
Furthermore, add chopped onion, spring onions, ginger and garlic. saute for a minute.
5. Then add cube onion,red bell paper, capsicum and saute for few minutes until the onions becomes transparent.
6. Add chilli sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, salt and tomato sauce.
7. Then make a batter adding 1 tsp of cornflour in 1 cup of water and let it boil.
8. Mix well till the sauce turns slightly thick. Now add the deep fried baby corns. Also add black pepper powder and give a good mix. Finally, add some chopped spring onions greens and serve hot.
In addition, you can also shallow fry if you don’t want to use more oil.finally, to get bright red colour, add a pinch of red food colour. Furthermore, add capsicum to make it more tasty. Finally, serve immediately else they will not taste great.