[box_dark] Here we have presented some of the latest gadgets that stole the show at the recently concluded International Consumer Electronics Show (January 10-13,2012)[/box_dark]
LG 55EM9600 OLED TV:It bagged the CNET Best CES Show Award.The first 55-inch OLED TV, the 55EM9800 promises the superb all-around performance of OLED (absolute black levels, ultra-fast panel and excellent viewing angles) in an ultra-thin panel.It was the cynosure of everyone present for obvious reasons!
*Launch Date:Fall 2012
Samsung super OLED:Samsung showcased its new upcoming flagship TV- a 55-inch, super OLED 3D TV. It has a super-thin 4mm bezel and is amazingly just 7.6mm thick.While OLED provides for superb colors and sharpness, it is also a Smart TV & now comes with a 1.5Ghz dual core processor inside-providing better performance for apps.
Nokia Lumia 900:Nokia has finally announced its 4G-compliant Windows Phone device with a 4.3-inch AMOLED touch screen. It resembles its predecessor Lumia 800 on most fronts,except it has a front camera and gets a bigger 1,800mAh battery.
- Body: One-piece polycarbonate unit
- Dimensions: five.03 x 2.7 x 0.45 inches (127.8 x 68.6 x 11.4 mm)
- Mass: 5.6 ounces (160 grams)
- Processor clock speed: one.4 GHz single-core Qualcomm Snapdragon (the same as within the 710 and 800)
- Key connectivity: LTE, 3G, WLAN b/g/n
- Touchscreen: four.3-inch 800 x 480 AMOLED ClearBlack glass capacitive touchscreen
- Rear camera: 8-megapixel sensor and twenty eight mm wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens, 1280 x 720 thirty fps HD video
- Front camera: 1-megapixel sensor, 640 x 480 thirty fps video, video calling
- Battery: 1830 mAh, 7 h max. 3G speak time, 300 h max. 3G standby, 60 h max. music playback, 6.5 h max. video playback
- Memory: 14.5 GB mass memory (no micro-SD slot), 512 MB SDRAM
- Operating system: Windows Phone seven.5 Mango
Launch Date:Mid March
Huawei Ascend P1:The P1 is the new slimmest phone in the world at just 6.7mm thick. It runs the latest Google’s OS Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) on a 1.5Ghz dual core processor with 1GB RAM, 4GB storage and 8MP rear camera. It packs in a 4.3-inch super-AMOLED display and a large 1670 mAh battery.
**Price (Indian Rupees): Rs.27000
**Price (USD): $600 approx
Sony Xperia S & Ion:The new Ion & Xperia S have a heady mix of style and substance. Both have 1.5Ghz dual core processors with 1GB RAM and 16/32Gb. Both have Android 2.3 & a 12MP camera that does 1080p video.The Xperia S features a 4.3-inch display while Ion has a 4.6-inch display.
Lenovo Ideapad Yoga:Lenovo’s business-class Ultrabook (the Think-Pad T430u, with dedicated graphics and 1TB storage) is impressive, but they’ve also pushed the bar higher with the Yoga. It’s a Windows 8 Ultrabook/tablet hybrid.It has a beautiful 13.3-inch display with 1600 x 900 resolution, a 22nm Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge processor, 8GB of RAM, USB 3.0 SuperSpeed port, HDMI and eight hours of battery life. It bends a complete 360 degrees to form a tablet and includes GPS, a gyroscope and accelerometer.
*Launch Date: Fall 2012
HP Envy 14 Spectre:HP’s Envy Spectre Ultrabook has a 14-inch display (1600 x 900 pixels) in the chassis of a 13.3-inch laptop. It stands out from the crowd by offering glass panels, built in NFC and a wireless audio feature (streaming music to up to four nearby devices).
Inside, the Spectre can be specced with either a Core i5 or Core i7 processor (Sandy Bridge, not the much-touted Ivy Bridge revision which is a disappointment). It can be fitted with up to 256GB of SSD(solid-state storage) and either 4GB or 6GB of RAM.
*Launch Date:February 8
*All launch dates are expected dates.
**All prices quoted herein are subject to change.