[marker bgcolor=”#ff0000″ textcolor=”#ffffff”]For the gravy: [/marker]
200 gms – Tomatoes
200 gms – Onions
3 gms – Cinnamon
3 gms – Cardamom
3 gms – ClovesBay Leaves
1/2 bunch green coriander
150 gms – Broken Cashewnuts
50 ml – Cream
50 ml – fat
1 boiled egg for garnishing
How to Make Afghani Chicken
1. Clean, skin and debone chicken and cut it into small pieces.Grind ginger and garlic, beat curd and combine them together with ginger/garlic paste, kachri, yellow chilli powder, turmeric, cumin powder, garam masala powder and Bengal gram flour (besan). Mix well. Add salt. Add chicken to the curd mixture and set them aside for about an hour.
2. Put pieces of chicken on a skewer and grill over live charcoal till chicken is half done and remove it.
To prepare gravy,
1. chop tomatoes and onions.Heat fat in a pan, add whole garam masala and chopped onions and saute without discoloring. Add tomatoes and sufficient water to form a thick gravy. Cook for about 10 mins.
2. Add cashewnut paste and chicken.Cook till the chicken is tender.
3. Add cream last, and serve garnished with broken boiled egg/coriander leaves.