Preparation time-1/2 hour
- Chicken- 1/2kg
- Curd-1/4th cup
- Onions(big sized)-2
- Peanuts-1/2 cup
- Ginger paste-1 tsp
- Garlic cloves-12
- Green chilli-1 or 2
- Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Whole spices(5-6 cardamoms, 5-6 cloves and 1-inch cinnamon)
- Bay leaf-2
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- First marinate the chicken with curd, pepper powder, salt and ginger paste for half an hour.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil, and add onions (chopped to big pieces), garlic, chili, peanuts(without the covering), whole spices.
- Fry till slightly golden brown colour comes to the onion pieces( approx 5-10 min).
- Let it cool and then blend in a mixer.
- Add slight water( about 2tbsp) to this blended mixture.
- Now heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan, add bay leaves and the marinated chicken.
- Cook for 15min in medium flame.
- Add the blended mixture to the chicken and cook for 10min.
- Then add cumin powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add garam masala powder and salt as per need. (Add little water if the chicken gets dry)
- Cook for 10min in low flame.
- Lastly, add Kasuri methi and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with rice or roti.