For cooking dal
1)1 cup Ramdevji-Patanjali mix dal
2) Salt as per taste
3) Turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
1) 2 onion finely chopped
2) 1-inch ginger chopped
3) 2 tomatoes finely chopped
4) Green Chilli 4nos.
5)1 tspn cumin powder
6) Coriander powder 1 tspn
7) Tumaric powder 1/2 tspn
8) Red Chilli powder 1 tspn
9) Garam Masala powder 1/2 tspn
10) Cumin seed 1 tspn
13) Kasuri Methi
Steps to prepare –
1) First to cook dal or to boil dal soak it about 15 mins. Then in a cooker add all the ingredients as mentioned above (to cook Dal) and whistle about 2-3 times.
2) Take a pan or kadai add some oil. When it becomes hot add tejpatta and cumin seed to crackle.
3) Add chopped ginger and cook for a while then add some chopped onion and cook for a while again
4) After the onion becomes golden brown add chopped tomatoes and add all the masalas except garam masala as mentioned above. Don’t overcook masalas
5) Add the boiled Dal to it and add salt and check the salt. If it becomes thicker, add some water and add garam masala and 1 tspn ghee. Let it boil.
6) Add kasuri Methi and lower the steam.
7) In another pan, add little ghee to it n let it burn, adding 1/2 a tspn red Chilli powder and add this tadka to the Dal and cover it up.
8) It’s done now garnish it with coriander leaf totally optional.