Dish for 4 People
Dried fish- (10-12 in no.sif small variety)
Tomato-1 large sized(chopped)
Onion-1 large sized(sliced thinly)
Brinjal- 1 medium sized(chopped and soaked for 5min in cold water)
Ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tbsp
Green chilli-1-2 chopped
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard oil for cooking
Fresh coriander leaves(chopped)
1) First boil the dried fish till slightly soft texture, for about 15 min.
2) Then drain the water and wash under cold water and blend it into a paste.
3) Heat oil in a pan/wok, and add onion, green chilli, and ginger garlic paste.
4) Cook for 2min, and then add chopped brinjal, turmeric powder and cook for another 10min.
5) Now add chopped tomato, coriander powder, and salt and mix well till mashed.
6) When oil starts oozing from the sides, add the paste of dried fish and cook for 10min.
7) Lastly, add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
Serve hot with steamed rice and dal.