Course: Side Dish
Diet: High Protein Non Vegetarian
Equipments Used: Kadai (Wok) / Heavy Bottomed Pan
[icon icon=”0086.png”]Prep: in 15 M[/icon]
[icon icon=”0086.png”]Cooks: in 40 M[/icon]
[icon icon=”0086.png”]Total in 55 M[/icon]
[icon icon=”0275.png”]Makes: 4 Servings[/icon]
[marker bgcolor=”#ff0000″ textcolor=”#ffffff”]Ingredients :[/marker]
500 grams Chicken drumstick
3 teaspoons Ginger , grated
2 teaspoons Garlic , minced
5 Onions , finely sliced
2 tablespoons Yogurt (Curd) , whipped
2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
2 Cardamom (Pods /Seeds)
1 inch Cinnamon Stick
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
4 teaspoons Red chilli powder
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
Mustard oil , to cook
Salt , to taste
[marker bgcolor=”#ff0000″ textcolor=”#ffffff”]Directions for Bengali Kosha Murgir Mangsho Recipe (Chicken in a Spicy Dry Gravy):[/marker]
- To begin making Bengali Kosha Murgir Mangsho Recipe (Chicken in a Spicy Dry Gravy), using a sharp knife, make 3-4 deep slits on each of the chicken drumsticks.
- Marinate the chicken in a big mixing bowl with ginger paste, garlic paste, whipped yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon mustard oil, a little salt and keep aside for at least 3-4 hours. (The longer the merrier !!)
- Heat about 2-3 tablespoons of mustard oil in a thick bottomed pan, when oil is smoking hot, throw in the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves. Allow the whole spices to splutter and release their aroma.
- Now add the sliced onions, fry till they are golden brown and caramelized.
- Add the marinated chicken along with the marinade. Cook over a low flame, covered, till the masala comes together and is almost cooked.
- Add about 1/2 a cup of warm water, give it a hearty stir and continue to cook till the chicken is tender and the gravy is of a coating consistency.
- Finish with a sprinkle of garam masala powder and a quick stir till evenly combined.
- Serve Kosha Murgi hot with some onion slices and a wedge of lemon.
- Serve Bengali Kosha Murgir Mangsho Recipe (Chicken in a Spicy Dry Gravy) with steamed rice along with Aloo Parwal Sabzi Recipe (A Classic Bengali Dish) and Bengali Style Cholar Dal Recipe for a hearty lunch.