Methi Chicken | Recipe By C. K. Cooking | Chaitali Konwar Writes1 min read
1 kg chicken
1 cup curd(sweet or plain)
3 big onions( cut into halves)
2-3 big tomatoes( cut into halves)
8-10 cloves garlic
8 cardamoms, 8 cloves and 1 inch cinnamon
2-3 green chillies
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp kasurimethi
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Marinate the chicken with curd, salt and pepper powder for 30min.
- In a pan heat 1tbsp oil and shallow fry together-onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chillies, and whole spices.
- Let it cool and then blend all these fried items in a blender into a thick puree.
- Heat oil in a pan/ wok, and fry the marinated chicken for 10-15min.
- After the chicken dries up half of its marinated watery part, add the blended mixture.
- Let it cook for 10min and then add little sugar, cumin, and coriander powder.
- Add kasurimethi after 10 min.
- Add little water if the chicken dries up . ( as per need)
- Lastly, add little butter before turning off the gas.