Mutton Curry In Ghee | TM Food Corner | The Mutton Recipe You Needed So Long
1 kg – mutton
3 tbsp – Sunshine ghee
1 kg – onions sliced and fried half of that
A little kasoori methi powdered
100 gms – cream(optional)
Marination (put the masalas according to your taste)
the fried onions
Yogurt to coat the meat
Red chilli powder and Kashmiri chilli powder
Turmeric powder and coriander powder
Roasted cumin powder and ginger garlic paste
Handful of chopped mint and coriander
Juice of 1 lemon
A pinch of saffron
250 ml of mustard oil
Biriyani masala 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
For the tempering
Bay leaves 2
Black pepper 4
1 cup tomato puree
Water as required
How to make Mutton Curry in Ghee
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade thoroughly. Coat the mutton pieces well. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a pot heat the ghee and put the tempering ingredients. Once they start crackling, add the remaining onions and the marinated mutton. Roast until the ghee separates.
- Add the tomato puree and again roast on a low heat until the ghee separates again.
- Check for seasoning. Depending on how much gravy you want, add water and cook on low flame until the meat is cooked.
- Add the kasoori methi and cream, bring to a boil and serve.