- 1/2 kg mutton
- 3 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seed
- 2 inch Ginger grated
- 1 whole Bulb Garlic
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 8-10 Black pepper
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 5 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 3 cups Rice
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tsp Garam masala
1. Wash and soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes.
2.Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker.
3. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
4. Add the meat, ginger, whole garlic bulb, salt, 4 cups water and all the whole spices coriander seed, black cardamom, green cardamom, bay leaf, black paper, cinnamon, fennel seeds, in the pressure cooker.
5. Pressure cook till meat is nicely done ( approx 4 whistles on high heat and then simmer the heat and cook for 10 minutes )
6. Open the cooker once the pressure is released.
7. Let the mixture cool for sometime.
8. Squeeze all the whole spices and garlic bulb to extract the maximum flavours.
9. Pass the meat through a strainer and reserve the
10. Keep aside.
11.Fry the thinly sliced onions until golden brown.
12. Soak the saffron in milk and keep aside.
13. In a large, thick bottomed pan, heat ghee.
14. Add the meat pieces, yogurt, garam masala and little more than half of the fried onion.
15.Fry for 4-5 minutes
16. Strain the rice and add it to the pan.
17. Measure the
18. Add it to the pan.
19. Add the salt and cover the pan with the lid.
20. Seal it with foal paper
21. Simmer the heat to low and cook the rice till it is nicely done.
22. Add saffron soaked in milk over the rice and cover and keep for 10 minutes.
23. Check the pulao whether it is done or not.