Rathin | Apr 23, 2018 | 0
Pragyan’17: Guest Lectures
Pragyan, the ISO 9001 and ISO 20121 certified, international annual techno-management fest of NIT Trichy has always transformed the intellectual space with its enlightening strike. This year is no exception. Just like every year, Trichy is all set to become the epicenter of tech dreams. Pragyan is about breaking tradition and introducing new perceptions in bringing out the crux of the subject. The Guest Lecture series is a platform where out of box thinkers meet the majority, a platform where human intuition is put to test and a focal point or inspiration. This year’s line-up is about to explore and discover the boundaries of science and technology.
● With over 134,000 followers on Quora, Dr. Richard Muller, Professor of Physics at UC Berkeley, is well-known in the academic circles for his vocal stance against global warming.
● Kishore Jayaraman, the Regional Director of Rolls-Royce in South Asia who has a rich expertise in the fields of Technology, Project Management, Commercial Operations and Business Leadership.
● Dr. Henry Throop, an Astronomer who is a part of the Planetary Science Institute and a consultant to NASA. He was a member of the New Horizons mission of NASA and was involved in the discovery of Pluto’s smallest moon, Styx.
● With a gift for tongues, David Peterson is a linguist and an expert in creating languages. His prominent works include the creation of Dothraki and Valyrian for Game of Thrones and the Dark Elves’ language in Thor: The Dark World.
● Dr. Ada Yonath, the first woman Nobel winner in the last 45 years is known for her work in ribosomes in the field of bio crystallography. She is currently the Director of the Helen and Milton A. Kimmelman Center for Biomolecular Structure and Assembly of the Weizmann Institute of Science.
● Regarded as the Father of BRAHMOS, Dr. A. Sivathanu Pillai is an Indian scientist with more than four decades of experience at DRDO and ISRO. He currently serves as a Honorary Distinguished Professor at ISRO. He played a major role in the successful development of SLV III.
● Ruling the world of probability, Padma Shri Dr. Sankar Kumar Pal, the former director of Indian Statistical Institute, has an international reputation on fuzzy neural network, soft computing and machine intelligence.
● Widely known as the Blue Genius, Dr. Rajshekhar Murthy is the founder of the International Malware Conference, MALCON and is the Director of India’s National Security Database. He played a major role in exposing to the government the vulnerabilities it faced online in hundreds of its websites.
● The lady behind India’s Mangalyan mission, Nandini Harinath is the Deputy Operations Director of the Mars Orbiter Mission and has worked on 14 missions in over two decades in ISRO.
With Business Tycoons and Tech Titans, this sparkling series of Guest Lectures is set to illuminate the audience with its sheer intensity of ideas. Light might set the ultimate speed limit for the universe. And being this year’s theme, Pragyan ’17 is geared up to redefine the limits of technology for the world.
Let’s Celebrate Technology!