Teler Pitha(তেলের পিঠা)
1. Rice flour-1 cup
2. Atta flour-1/2 cup
3. Jaggery (grated) / Brown sugar-3/4 cup or according to your taste
4. Salt-1/4 ts
5. Oil- for deep fry
1. Soak jaggery with little warm water and mix well. There should not be any lumps.
2. Put rice flour and flour to a mixing bowl. Mix well. Add jaggery and knead well. Add little
warm water and make a batter. The batter should be thick like cake batter. Cover the bowl and
keep it around 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan. Take a deep round shape spoon. When the oil become hot
enough take a spoon full batter and add to the oil.
4. If oil is heated perfectly then pitha will remain in the bottom for few seconds and then
puffs up. When it puffs up flip the side and fry.
5. Then take out on a paper towel to soak the extra oil.
Patichapta Pitha(পাটিসাপটা পিঠা)
1. Milk-2 liter
2. Sugar-1 cup or your choice
3. Coconut-1 cup grated(if you want only milk kheer don’t add coconut)
4. Oil-around 2 Tbs
5. Salt-1/4 ts
For Pitha Batter:
1. Rice flour-1 cup
2. Sugar-1/4 cup
3. Milk- around 2 cup(warm)
4. All purpose flour-2 Tbs
*Oil- around 2 Tbs to brush the pan.
1. Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan.Bring boil and then turn the heat in medium.
2. Boil until it become almost half. Add sugar. Stir occasionally all the time of boiling to prevent burn bottom of the pan.
3. When it become 1/2 liter(2 cup),add grated coconut. It will be a soft creamy brown solid. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Take rice flour and all purpose flour in a bowl, add salt and sugar and mix well. Then slowly add warm milk to the flour. Beat with a whisk. Add beaten egg and again beat until the batter become smooth and do not appear any bubble. Keep the batter for 25-30 minutes.
5. Now take a pan and brush oil.( you can use kitchen tissue or a clean piece of thin cotton cloth to brush)
6. Take a big round shape spoon. When the oil become heated put one spoonful of the batter on the middle of the pan and round the pan carefully so that a circular shaped wrapper can be form. Turn the heat low and cook it until the wrapper can be lifted without sticking.
7. Remove it from the pan on a plate, place some kheer in a line on one corner of the wrapper and wrap it from the one corner pointing towards you and make a roll.
8. Make the rest of the pitha in the same process.
Deep Fried Puli Pitha (ভাজা পুলি পিঠা)
1. Coconut-1 cup(grated)
2. Date jaggery(gur)/Sugar-4/5 Tbs(for filing)
3. Sugar-1/2 cup(for dough)
4. Rice flour/all purpose flour(maida)-1 cup
5. Cardamom powder-1/2 ts
6. Salt-around 1 ts
7. Oil-for deep fry
1. Heat a pan in medium heat. Add coconut and date jaggery(gur)/sugar. Stir around 5 minutes. Add cardamom powder and stir until it become little sticky and thick consistency. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Boil around 1 cup water with salt(use a heavy bottom pan). Slowly add rice flour/maida and stir continuously. Add sugar and heat till there is no water left.
3. Remove from the pan. Knead well till the dough soft and smooth and not sticky.
4. Make small ball from the dough. Spread some dry flour where you want to roll. Keep the ball on it and roll with rolling pin into thin round shape.
5. Fill the coconut filling in the corner and fold in semi round shape like half moon. Seal the edge by pressing with your finger so that the filling does not come out. Cut the sealed edge with kitchen scissors/pizza cutter or knife to get the puli shape.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry puli in medium heat until both side turn golden brown.
7. Now your fried puli is ready.