When I started watching GoT, everything else stopped mattering…just stopped. I started off late, so I got 4 seasons and had to wait for only a month for season 5. But, yes… Man, I waited for a year for the 6th and one more year for the 7th season. It really gets frustrating at times when you realise you have to wait for at least 8 more months for the 8th and probably the last season to air. But it’s all bittersweet because you know David Benioff and DB Weiss (the creators of the television series) won’t disappoint. So, back to the topic, what did I learn and basically everybody learnt from GoT.
1. “Everyone but us, is an enemy”. The popular phrase by the notorious queen Cersei Lannister. It’s actually true. Enemies, not like the ones on GoT (killers and rapists….wait), but more like snakes.
2. Never trust that person, especially when he keeps on telling you not to trust him. Because he’s a backstabber who talks politely. Basically everyone nowadays.
3. Never underestimate your nemesis. Never… NEVER.
4. Never forget your true identity. Never lose the YOU that you are. If you accept yourself the way you are, it won’t matter what the world thinks or speaks.
5. Stop making irrational decisions. Really, Stop. Because Karma has always been a b####. You know it.
6. Don’t underrate the power of having friends, they are your allies. And primarily, your saviors, in case of crisis.
7. Be like Brienne or Arya. It’s okay to make people feel terrified of you. It saves you from many troubles.
8. The one who has suffered a lot is the strongest of all. Like, Daenerys, Sansa, Arya, and Theon. I wouldn’t be surprised if Theon becomes the hero in the upcoming season.
9. It’s never too late to do the right thing. I mean, I have plenty of examples to back this theory. Melissandre, when killed Shireen, everybody was furious. But when she realised her mistakes and resurrected Jon Snow, we started worshipping her. Doing the right thing will give you that level of peace that you wish to achieve.
10. And last but definitely not the least, it might seem really cool on the television, but incest is gross… I don’t support that, not at all. After all, it’s biologically stupid and flagrant. But I really want Daenerys and Jon to make babies… (I think I’m sick…and gross).